21st IFFK BLOG

(Maintained by IFFK Media Cell)

Monday 12 December 2016

Seema Biswas: not comfortable with the glitz and glamour

Indian theatre and film actress from Assam, Seema Biswas who catapulted to fame with her role of Phoolan Devi in ‘Bandit Queen’ wishes to perform such characters of artistic value. “I don’t feel comfortable with the glory and glamour world” says Seema Biswas, in conversation with film critic Bharadwaj Rangan, held at Nila theatre today on behalf of the 21st International Film Festival of Kerala.
 Seema Biswas loves to perform ultimately as a human being which conveys the feelings closer to heart. “I wanted to do the roles which I feel I can never do at all” opined Seema Biswas who shot into prominence just by a movie. 
The International Film Festival of Kerala being the premiere fest of the state and her role of jury makes her delighted. The traditionally similar features of Assam with Kerala make me feel I’m at home” added Biswas.

No comments:

Post a Comment